Mar 2, 2013

DIY PROJECT #2: Denim shorts

Today I started with a new diy project. I've been seeing a lot of these on Pinterest so I thought of giving it a try.

I must say it's not easy. Like with this particular project - in which I preferred to use "retaso" of old clothes, I would have to do some running stitch. And since I don't have a sewing machine, I'd have to do it manually - with my bare hands.

You know one thing about DIY is to have a creative idea on how you would want your project to look like. Visualize and draw it out. Now the important thing is to at least have the basic materials needed in DIY-ing like cutter, threads, marker, studs/beads, etc. In my case, my materials are limited to scissors, black and white threads, and a few accessories that I don't use anymore.

So I've started with the back pocket by creating a pattern for it. There you have it. A glimpse of what I've been doing to keep myself busy. I really have no idea if this would turn out well but I'm taking my chances. I really wish my efforts will payoff :) I'll update you guys as soon as I finish it :)




No comments:

Post a Comment