Feb 14, 2011

To the man I will always be in love with

I’ve never imagined myself being a wife [to someone]. I used to believe that I don’t possess its qualities. I was even laughing on the idea of a married life. I used to tell my mom and friends that a girl like me is not for “eternal” commitment. Why was I like that? Maybe I was just afraid to be like my parents. Separated. Or maybe I was afraid of responsibility - having in mind that I can’t even be responsible enough for myself.

For that matter, I’d like to list a few things why I’ve always thought that I can’t be a good wife and I’ll start it with the phrase, “I was never..”

I was never a good cook. And even if I know a few easy-to-cook dishes, I can’t perfect it still. It’s either salty or tasteless - overcooked or underdone.

I was never the one who washes my clothes. I can’t do the laundry because I have contact dermatitis, I’m allergic to detergent products. And YES, I just don’t want to.

I was never organized with my things.They’re “literally” everywhere.

I don’t know what “budgeting” is all about because I am an impulsive shopper. From makeups to skin essentials - to Citré shampoo to Lancomé body bath and VS Hand and Body Cream - to getting my hair maintained and my nails done. From clothes to high heels and flats.

I was never the one who goes to the grocery store, and even if I sometimes do, I don’t bring a list with me - I just pick up whatever I want.

I was living a high-maintained life. I was working and earning money to satisfy “just” myself.

But certain situations changed my whole life - my whole being. Yes, I’ve been through so many things that led me to the point of no return but I don’t regret anything at all. I am where I am now because it’s where I should be. There is a lesson behind every pain, a message with every person we meet, and a purpose for everything in life.

A character from Narnia once said, “Extraordinary things happen to extraordinary people because they have extraordinary destiny.” I am now a wife to the sweetest husband there is and a mom to a beautiful baby girl, who’s turning 2 mos. old on the 26th. YES. This is my destiny because of the choices I’ve made. There’s so much to learn each day - and I am at my happiest.

From nothing and being (a little) useless, I can now cook and prepare simple dishes for my husband. I’m proud of the variety of my egg dishes. I can make French toasts and clubhouse sandwiches using simple and not-so-expensive ingredients. I’m at my best with sinigang, tinola, and pork sisig - my hubby’s top picks. I still can’t do the laundry though but I do house cleaning, sometimes. If spending for myself is a must before, now it’s my baby’s must-haves that matters the most. If I used to talk about makeups and clothes - now it’s just all about priorities and being practical.

I know all my efforts to be a better (if not the best) mom and wife doesn’t go unnoticed. I am rewarded with the genuine love given to me by the people I love the most, most especially, my husband and this is my message for him this Valentines Day…

I love you because you make me feel like a woman and a little girl at the same time. I love you because you always try to understand the depths of my fluctuating moods. I love you even if it’s always been a challenge for me to wake you up in the morning. I love you even if I have to repeat myself most of the time. I love you because even if you have memory gap, you still can remember small details. I love you because it’s easy for you to know when I’m lying. I just love you in more ways than one. It’s really not the material things we give to each other, but the thought behind it. It’s not how many times we’ve traveled in a year, but the time spent in beautiful places. For you hon, I’m willing to learn everything because in the end, it’s not the big romantic head-over-heels moments that count - but the small simple daily things. Pardon me and my mushy-ness. Just let me say this, I love you to my one and only husband, Bien❀♡❤♡❀ Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment